21.6.17

*gardening







Another garden update. 
We had very hot temperatures lately, this garden year is still very tricky, lots of my plants died because the wind in combination with the strong sun dries them out completely, regardless of how much I water them and because it is so dry we have extremely many mice this year. They don't eat up the plants so much, but they pull them out while making their tunnels and then the roots suffer. Also lots of chockchafer grubs and greenflies this year. So the outside garden beds do not look very good, but inside the greenhouse it is much better, because plants are more protected from the winds.
So I was able to harvest a lot of mangold where I got seeds from Lily from lisbethsnotes and just now first raspberries are ripe and soon I can pick the first cucumber. For the rest I try to be some more patient. Let's see what the coming weeks will bring! For more pictures, feel free to have a look into Lotte's  and my  garden album on flickr.
Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Sandra Dunn said...

May you have a bounty!
xx

wideeyedtree said...

Thank you!

reviews on essay writing services said...

Gardening is a great thing. No doubt, it is one of the most interesting hobbies. When greenery and nature is spread everywhere it automatically keeps you happy. It releases depression. Moreover, you get fresh eatables everyday.